We know and understand that these are unprecedented times. We are here to support you the best we can. Please use this page as a resource. If there is anything you feel is missing, let us know and we will put that on the page.
First Day of School: The first day of school is Friday, Aug. 14 and it starts at 9 am sharp. Students will meet with their Advisory teacher only that day. The Advisory teacher will welcome your child to Mesa and help them learn how to navigate our distance learning platform. Click on the video and link below to see how to login in on the first day as well as the Agenda for the first day:
Your child is expected to attend their classes through Google Classroom during these times. The teacher for each class will set up the agenda for the day and provide directions. You can expect that your child will have visual contact through Google Meet with each of their teachers Monday through Thursday. Your child’s, and your, point of contact for any issues and concerns with a class is the classroom teacher. Please work directly with the teacher. Contact information can be found on our website, through Homelink, ParentSquare, and on Google Classroom.
Friday Schedule: Friday is different. Your child will meet with their Advisory teacher from 9-9:30 through Google Meet. The rest of the day is to be used for make-up work, getting support, and possible meetings with teachers. Your child must be available during this day to meet with teachers if requested.
How to contact us and who to contact:
- We are still checking messages so please continue to call the school: 805-474-3400
- Distance learning is new to most of us. So, how to behave approppriately is also new. Please see this doc as a reference to help your child understand how to behave appropriately online: online etiquette.
- Having tech issues? Call the Parent Helpdesk: 805-474-3899
- Mesa will be checking out Chromebooks Monday, March 23 from 10am to 1pm. If you need a Chromebook, but cannot come during this time, please email email@example.com or call the school to set up a time that works for you.
- Need WiFi? Please see the document below to access free WiFi
This is a difficult time and your child may need emotional support on top of academic support. We are here to help! Please see our counseling page for resources to help with that. Here's the link: Counseling Page